Sunday 24 September 2017

Sunday Post

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 

This is the first time I'm participating in The Sunday Post. I never felt I had much to tell before but now I think I do. I hope you'll enjoy this post!

In Real Life

As you probably know, I graduated this week. During my Bachelor's degree, I struggled writing my Ba paper due to an enormous amount of insecurity and an awful supervisor. I failed that paper twice and was not allowed to start my thesis the next year, which means I lost an entire year. Needless to say, that was a big blow.

So, at the beginning of this academic year I chose a supervisor with a kind and competent reputation and topics which interested me. She always had something positive to say about my drafts which helped tremendously with my self-confidence. In the end, I graduated with distinction because of a great thesis. The thing I was so scared to write, ended up being my greatest accomplishment so far.

I want to thank everyone for their kind messages yesterday! I loved them all!

On the Blog


There have been a couple of changes this week.
For one, I have created my very first Instagram and Twitter accounts which will be all about books and my blog, so check it out! If you follow me on either social media, I'd be happy to follow you back!
You can also follow me on Goodreads and 'Bloglovin!
If you want to follow which TV shows I watch every week, you can follow me on TV Show Time!

Reviews this week



I finally figured out the best way to up my ratio on Netgalley: read the "read now" comics and graphic novels. I love the genre anyway and they are usually fast and compelling reads.

- Taproot by Keezy Young 3 stars
The Ghost Of Gaudi by El Torres 3 stars
Anne of Green Gables: A Graphic Novel by Mariah Marsden and Brenna Thummler 5 stars

Stacking the Shelves and Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR List

Currently reading: The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan



Currently watching: the second season of Twin Peaks for the first time!


Next Week on the Blog

You can expect another Stacking the Shelves post on Saturday. Hopefully I will be able to post another Top Ten Tuesday and a review but that will depend on the amount of work and classes I have next week.


I hope you enjoyed this post! Leave your thoughts down below and have a great week and happy reading!

11 comments:

  1. Wow. What a story about your thesis. You need to share this with everyone who ever felt like they should give up!

    I'm a big Anne of Green Gables fan, so I think I need to seek out the graphic novel.

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/09/everything-book-ish-readathoncybilstexa.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used to feel so bad about failing but since passing my thesis with distinction, I'm started to feel a lot more confident!

      You definitely should read the Anne of Green Gables graphic novel! It's amazing!

      Delete
  2. It took me a couple of years to finally get caught up on all my NetGalley books but I finally did it this year. Only have one left I need to read. It helps that I don't request as much as I used to. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of my approved ones are pdf files and I have trouble reading those. So now I have decided to wait until some of them are published, because that way I'll enjoy them so much more! :) I still need to read 5 in total, so it's not that bad :)

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the Sunday post! :)
    Congratulations about your graduation! That's great. I also had an awful supervisor when I was writing mine. He had 15 people and helped... NOT AT ALL :D like absolutely not at all. It totally sucked! But everything ended well anyway. That's too bad yours was such a nasty situation! Glad you can put it behind your back now.
    I will be following you on your social media, you can follow me back at @AvalinahsBooks, both on Twittter and IG :) and I'll follow you on Bloglovin' too!
    I looooove Anne of Green Gables!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sorry you had to experience an awful supervisor as well :( I'm lucky my supervisor for my thesis was wonderful!

      Delete
  4. Yay, congratulations! So happy for you. You must be so relieved now. Enjoy your books and have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on graduating. I’ve never read Anne of Green Gables though I liked the character when they had the TV show back in the day; maybe I should give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You definitely should! It's never too late to read Anne!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your graduation! Such a wonderful accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete